Friday, July 18, 2014

Quick Point-Lit Particle Update



I have an upcoming video I'm working on going over a bunch of utility scripts I've made just to speed up my workflow in unity, and I've finally solved (well enough for the moment anyway) one of the most persistent problems I've had: point-lit particles.

It's a true pain in the butt and no one has really solved it (lots of pretty good attempt though) due to the particle vertices being located in camera space and not world space (where the lights are). Farfarer has made strong progress in solving this translation problem, but his solution did not work the way I wanted it to, so I made a simpler -- if less robust -- approximation to be used here.

Anyway, look forward to more soon! The other scripts I'll be showing off are also running in this scene, but I'll get more into that next time.

---Edit from 2 months in the future---

You are so wrong. This is not the right way to solve this, and your idea won't work :P

No comments:

Post a Comment